"Shhh....we are learning, but we think we are playing"

ABC's are all around us. We move, we create, we sing, we learn!

Tt

Around the room: trains, tic-tac-toe, toothpicks, turkeys, turtles, triangles, tip toeing, tossing, telephone talking, trucks


Sensory Table: Texture sorting – beans, cotton balls, pipecleaners, rocks



Books:    A Turkey for Thanksgiving, Yertle the Turtle, Shark Vs. Train



Literacy/Math: sorting triangles, matching letter “Tt” sounds, tracing the letter Tt, counting toothpicks, Turkey book “Where is the turkey?”, Letter Tt “take home packet”, toothpick letters, Feed the Turkey

Special treat: Tootsie Rolls! (Shhh :)

Taste testing on Friday!

ABC Cafe: Tea, Turkey sandwiches


Dramatic Play: Telephone – ordering take out food from “phone book”, telephone manners



I'm a Turtle
(to the tune of "I'm a Little Tea Pot")

I'm a little turtle,
I crawl so slow,
And carry my house
Wherever I go.
When I get tired
I pull in my head,
My legs and my tail,
And go to bed!




Turkey - My Darling
(Sung To: Skip To My Lou My Darling)

Turkey in the red barn, arn, arn, arn (Repeat Three Times)
Turkey in the barn my darling

Turkey in the Brown Straw, ha, ha, ha (Repeat Three Times)
Turkey in the straw my darling

Turkey in the blue sky, high, high, high (Repeat Three Times)
Turkey in the sky my darling

Turkey in the white snow, ho, ho, ho (Repeat Three Times)
Turkey in the snow my darling

Turkey in the green tree, hee, hee, hee (Repeat Three Times)
Turkey in the tree my darling